Bowflex Selecttech Dumbbells Review
Dumbbells are one of the oldest and most effective type of bodybuilding equipment. They are able to, even when used without any other equipment, build up virtually any muscle in your arms and legs.
Once you start looking at dumbbell equipment, you will soon learn that they aren’t all created equal and that some can actually hamper your workouts rather than improve them. Be wary of fake branded weights or knockoffs as you could cause yourself an injury if they are defective or broken.
Bowflex Selecttech Dumbbells Models
Think Dumbbells think Bowflex! That should have been their motto because the Bowflex manufacturing company has built a brand that has been recommended by fitness experts around the world. For your information, Bowflex SelectTech has been at the top of the best-seller list for dumbbells for more than 3 years now and is still there.
Bowflex manufactured two models of SelectTech, which are Bowflex SelecTech 552 and Bowflex SelectTEch 1090.
Selecttech Dumbbells Features
- Each set is the equivalent of 15 or 17 sets of regular weights (depending on the model), clearly a massive space saver.
- Bowflex dumbbells have the look of traditional dumbbells, which gives them a retro appeal.
- Change weight at the turn of a dial (well, four dials actually: two on each dumbbell!).
- The weight increases/reduces in 2.5lb or 5lb increments (depending on the model).
- The weight plates are steel covered with ABS plastic. This means they lift out and return more smoothly, and makes them quieter to use (no clanking of metal). The plastic coating also prevents scratched surfaces.
- Two-year limited warranty on all parts, five-year on weight plates, one-year on labor.
- There are two Bowflex dumbbell models: SelectTech 552 and SelectTech 1090.