Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells Review
Dumbbells are one of the oldest and most effective types of bodybuilding equipment. They are able to, even when used without any other equipment, build up virtually any muscle in your arms and legs.
Once you start looking at dumbbell equipment, you will soon learn that they aren’t all created equal and that some can actually hamper your workouts rather than improve them. Be wary of fake branded weights or knockoffs as you could cause yourself an injury if they are defective or broken.
Bowflex Selecttech 1090 Dumbbells Model
You can create the ultimate strength-building workout with the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells. With just a turn of the dial, you can automatically change your resistance from 10 lbs. up to 90 lbs. With the wider weight range, you can continue to see results as your fitness level improves and you get stronger. Weights adjust in 5 lb increments so you can gradually increase your strength. These dumbbells not only save space in a home gym, but the price is also going to help customers save big.
Selecttech 1090 Dumbbells Features
With such a broad range of weight, the Bowflex Selecttech 1090 dumbbells are perfect for both lifting novices and serious fitness enthusiasts alike. In short, these dumbbells offer the following benefits and so much more:
- Make space in your home gym by replacing up to 17 traditional dumbbells with just one Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbell
- With just the turn of a dial, you can change the Bowflex Dumbbell weight from 10 lbs all the way up to 90 lbs of weight which allows you to continue to see results as your fitness level improves
- Total Body Results – with the wider weight range you can do heavy exercises such as shrugs and lunges as well as lighter exercises such as curls and raises
- Quieter Workouts – durable molding around the Bowflex dumbbells’ metal plates provides a smooth lift-off and quieter workouts…no clanging metal plates
- The “Secrets of the 4 Step Rep” workout DVD is included to show you how to get the most out of your workout by demonstrating over 30 exercises with over 80 variations
- Adjustable Weight Dumbbell (qty one) sold individually
How Selecttech 1090 Dumbbells work?
Users can adjust the weights from 10 pounds to 90 pounds, making them usable for just about any strength level. The idea is to be able to easily increase the weight as your strength increases. It may be useful to keep workout charts to record your performance.
Additionally, because proper weight lifting technique and bodybuilding involve gradually increasing the weight during a workout to push the muscles further, this is made considerably easier with the selection dials. This frees up all your time and energy for weight lifting, and not weight adjustments. The weight increments are just 5 pounds, meaning you can very gradually increase the weight as you go without having to purchase separate weight plates or dumbbells of specific weights.
All things considered, this product is an essential purchase for serious fitness lovers and novice lifters that are serious about progressing to a heavier weight. While the large dumbbell size, lack of a stand and poor handle and grip design are concerns, these stylish dumbbells are too good of a value to pass up.